Rowan Companies is a major provider of global offshore drilling services. Our mission is focused on being the most efficient and capable provider of demanding contract drilling services. We are a market leader with one of the youngest fleets in our industry, including four ultra-deepwater drillships, two of which are currently under construction, and 30 jack-up rigs, 19 of which are rated high-specification. Rowan was founded in 1923 on the principle that people are more important than machines and tools.
The Country Manager has responsibility for overseeing all operations and activities in Nigeria, ensuring safe and efficient operation. Acts as the main contact point for business development activity in communication with current, previous and potential customers and as such holds key role in business development with regard to rig marketing and tendering, and ongoing client liaison.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Shall include but not limited to:
• Influence the business strategy for the Nigerian operation, via the Regional Vice President
• Ensure appropriate strategies are developed and in place to meet key business drivers
• Define country-wide business purpose, vision and objectives in alignment with regional strategic plan
• Establish appropriate systems and authority to enable leadership
• Lead managerial team effectively and efficiently solve functional concerns within their own sphere of influence
• Secure the necessary resources required to enable country-wide operations meet key business drivers
• Perform emergency responsibilities as per emergency procedures
• Ensure all country-wide operations are conducted in accordance with set policies and procedures
• Ensure that compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements are met, and that these are applied and adhered to correctly
• Lead periodic review of policies, procedures and management systems and processes
• Ensure effective communication with Customers are developed and maintained
• Ensure effective communication with external regulatory bodies are developed and maintained
• Manage change effectively
• Provide visible Leadership and serve as role model to company employees
• Mentor, coach and develop employees in meeting company expectations
• Ensure succession planning is actively promoted and followed
• Support corporate marketing and tendering activity to ensure continuous business activity
• Assume full responsibility for country-wide budgetary planning and control
• Holds bottom line accountability for country-wide spend against budget
• Develop and maintain own competence
• Engineering / Technical Degree
Skills & Experience:
• Previous experience as Operations Manager overseeing day to day drilling operations incorporating offshore rig and onshore locations
• Previous experience of working with Client’s operating policies and procedures, liaising with customer representatives in matters relating to the drilling program.
• Fully acquainted with the characteristics, capabilities and limitations of a drilling installation, and have thorough knowledge of the organization and actions to be taken in case of an emergency.
• Strong experience working with High Pressure and High Temperature Drilling Operations.
• IT Skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Star-IPS, RigSense and SAP. Strong IT Skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP and Use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, with ability to provide remote assistance
• Able to demonstrate a general knowledge of the equipment, personnel and operating practices associated with an offshore operation, and an ability to make sound decisions, particularly in stressful situations
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Applicants should forward their CVs to the HR: acroplusconsult @gmail,com OR forward their Names,Qualifications,Post Applying and Phone Number to the message box OR to the Number displayed on this Advert.
Not abiding to these Rules and Regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted